Would You Wear It?

Would You Wear It?

Welcome to the weekend ladies. It’s time for would you wear it. It’s your time to tell me what clothes you like and how it fits into your lifestyle.Each Saturday Pam Lutrell and I share a mannequin we’ve seen and ask you if you would wear what she’s wearing.

We do this to learn what you like to wear and what fits your lifestyle. Please explain your answers and be polite. Not all women feel as you do and I want every women’s opinion respected here.

So tell me, ladies, would you wear part or all of this look and why or why not as it relates to your lifestyle, body and style goals?

Here are the sale updates this weekend:

Ann Taylor – 40% off everything with the code GIVEANDGET

Talbots – 30% off entire purchase with the code HOLIDAY

Chico’s – 50% off select full-priced styles – ends today

Now lets pop over and see what Pam’s mannequin is wearing here.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Affiliate links within this post may produce income for AWSL.

1. December 8, 2018 / 4:06 am

Absolutely! In face, I wear a similar look all the time. Thanks for doing WYWI with me!!

December 8, 2018 / 8:23 am

I love it too Pam! Feel better soon

2. Teresa DiSalvo
    December 8, 2018 / 4:07 am

Love the velvet jacket with the high waist jeans. I would definitely wear. I would change the tee to something other than black. I think a navy print silk top or even a white top would look better than the black.

December 8, 2018 / 8:26 am

Thanks for sharing your styling ideas Theresa.. I like your idea

3. Barbara
    December 8, 2018 / 4:19 am

I would wear the two tops but with more fitted jeans, making a better contrast to the volume on top.

• Sarah
      December 8, 2018 / 4:25 am

I agree with you Barbara.

• Linda
        December 8, 2018 / 4:32 am

I agree with Barbara and Sarah. Jennifer, thanks for putting links to the items. It sometimes really helps to clearly see each item.

December 8, 2018 / 8:30 am

My pleasure Linda. I try to link whenever I can.

• LinnieZ
      December 8, 2018 / 5:49 am

Yes I totally agree. I like the shadowing on the jeans, but I would wear a skinnier version. LOVE the jacket-I have been looking for one.

December 8, 2018 / 8:27 am

Great idea Barbara. Thanks for sharing.

4. Karen
    December 8, 2018 / 4:28 am

Love it all! Nice denim. I usually wear skinny jeans, but this total outfit is stylish, comfy-looking, and fun! One of my favorites of all so far!

December 8, 2018 / 8:28 am

Thanks for sharing your styling ideas Karen. Happy Saturday

December 8, 2018 / 4:40 am

I think the jacket is beautiful. I’d try to find a blue tee, that would compliment the blue in the jacket, just to have a little more color. And pair with skinnier jeans.

• Cathy
      December 8, 2018 / 5:15 am

I agree! I’d like a different tee and skinny jeans but love the jacket!

6. annie vanderven
    December 8, 2018 / 4:43 am

Lpve the look

7. Laurie
    December 8, 2018 / 4:57 am

I love this jacket! Almost got it but I bought the EF velvet blazer in midnight. Both are great and so versatile- casual to dressy!

8. Julia
    December 8, 2018 / 5:00 am

I would definitely wear this! Looks comfy and casual. I don’t usually select jeans that color but will now .

9. Leslie Brodbeck
    December 8, 2018 / 5:24 am

Absolutely would wear this. Actually it’s the way I dress most days, we.. except for a velvet jacket. Usually I wear a long cardigan. The jacket is beautiful, though, and I would wear it for sure.

10. December 8, 2018 / 5:27 am

Most definitely! My go to everyday look. I would pair with skinny jeans, though! This is a very comfortable look!

11. Rita
    December 8, 2018 / 5:34 am

Yes I would wear this! I also dress like this, with a cardigan, frequently. I usually wear skinny jeans, but like this look. Will be trying these jeans now. Thanks for all you do to help me think outside of my box and Merry Christmas to you Jennifer!

12. Lori Stewart
    December 8, 2018 / 5:44 am

I love pairing denim with “dressier” fabrics! I think I would wear a more fitted T-shirt and perhaps in another color to bring out the colors in the jacket, but I wouldd certainly wear it!

13. Amy
    December 8, 2018 / 5:54 am

I’d wear that look in a minute. It’s chic, trendy, yet great for me! Love the hit of velvet.

14. Lisa
    December 8, 2018 / 6:09 am

Oh my goodness, I want this jacket!!!

15. L H Carter
    December 8, 2018 / 6:11 am

I would wear the jeans and the velvet topper, but I would switch out the shirt for one with more color or texture, and maybe add interesting earrings or necklace to add some personality.

16. Mary Ann Doerzbacher
    December 8, 2018 / 6:29 am

Yes! I dress like this just w black similar cardigan. Shoes? How about short black boots?

December 8, 2018 / 8:34 am

Short black boots would be great with it Mary Ann

17. Patti
    December 8, 2018 / 6:39 am

I would wear this outfit with a little modification. I would go with a more form-fiitted t-shirt in a different color for contrast. The jeans on the mannequin look cute and comfortable but don’t appear high-waisted as they are in the link. Not really feeling the high-waisted jeans which are definitely making a comeback by those who don’t remember the 1st go-round in the 80s and 90s. It is true everything comes back in style with a new generation. Love the jacket and looks flattering.

18. December 8, 2018 / 6:55 am

I do love the jacket! I am not sure it would look good on me. usually I look better in a more constructed jacket. Slim jeans would look better with this jacket.

19. Dorothy
    December 8, 2018 / 7:00 am

Absolutely yes on the tops. I prefer leggings for style and comfort.

December 8, 2018 / 8:35 am

Thanks for sharing Dorothy

20. Liz in Santa Rosa
    December 8, 2018 / 7:37 am

So sorry, but I must say “no way!” Tones on jeans make them look wrinkled like the mannequin just got up after sitting for hours. Shapeless top with entirely dull color combo. Finally, jacket is also shapeless and the velvet doesn’t “read” as anything other than dull. My first thought when I looked at the pic was “did they get all that off the floor of the dressing room and just cover the mannequin up temporarily?”

December 8, 2018 / 8:36 am

Thanks for explaining Liz.

December 8, 2018 / 7:40 am

I don’t wear much black, but if I did, I would change the jacket to a fitted black velvet blazer, belt on pants, and black high heels, a necklace, and red lip.

22. Julie Anne
    December 8, 2018 / 8:15 am

Yes. Looks like it’s comfortable to wear. Jacket ups the casual level. High-waisted – yay.

23. December 8, 2018 / 8:41 am

I would definitely wear the jacket, but I would prefer it with a more fitted t-shirt and skinny jeans. I would also add a necklace for interest at the neck.

December 8, 2018 / 11:23 am

I like the idea of a necklace, thanks Elaine

24. Pat
    December 8, 2018 / 9:37 am

I wear this all the time. I would wear this with a white or ivory silky top or tank to make the velvet pop.

December 8, 2018 / 11:24 am

That’s a great idea Pat

25. Patty
    December 8, 2018 / 9:45 am

I like this look for a casual date night with my husband or a girls outing. I wouldn’t wear this exact look, but modified: I don’t care for the faded wrinkles on jeans, I prefer a solid color, but otherwise the jeans are ok. I would prefer a more fitted tshirt with a vneck, which is more flattering on my body shape. I do like the velvet jacket, but would have to try it on to see if it looked flattering on me, or if I needed something more fitting. I can get away with loose jackets if the fabrics flow enough. I would wear a bold necklace, most likely in silver. I would also wear shoes 🙂

December 8, 2018 / 11:24 am

Thanks for sharing your styling ideas Patty. They sound fun

26. BeeeBeee
    December 8, 2018 / 9:50 am

I would not wear this. First of all, it is too dark for me. I don’t care for this particular combination of blue and black. I don’t like the tonal and textural differences between the jacket and the top. Also, the jacket is too long for me.

I do see a lot of women wearing this look and I don’t claim to understand why. I mostly think of it as an act of submission to a clothing market that is too focused on profit to provide affordable well-designed options to women. So often, similar items in men’s departments are better quality and cost less. I am so tired of paying this particular female tax.

Stepping off my soapbox now.

December 8, 2018 / 11:26 am

Interesting idea…I haven’t shopped the men’s department but I do have a friend who shops the boy’s department and loves what she finds

27. Pat
    December 8, 2018 / 11:06 am

Yes, I would wear this. Comfy but looks nice and put together. However, with all the colors and patterns available to us, I would not do black on black which, for me is boring. Add a great mule or a cute flat and you’re good to go.

December 8, 2018 / 11:28 am

Thanks for sharing your styling ideas, Pat…I love the idea of a mule

28. Deb Watts
    December 8, 2018 / 11:42 am

I would wear the Tee and the jacket, but not those jeans. Love the jacket!

29. beth byrd
    December 8, 2018 / 12:03 pm

Oh this is wonderful! Love the jeans and the black jacket. Fabulous all the way around!

30. Jill
    December 8, 2018 / 12:31 pm

Yes, I would wear this but with solid color, longer jeans. I would also wear silver earrings. Love the jacket.

December 8, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Thanks for sharing Jill!

December 8, 2018 / 12:47 pm

Love, love the jacket. It is perfect for our neighborhood “dressy casual” New Years Eve party. I don’t wear jeans. I don’t know why, but I stopped wearing them at about age 65. They have been replaced in my wardrobe with black pants, everything from leggings to black pointe. I would probably pair the jacket with leggings.
    I am not sure about the top, although I agree with Teresa who mentioned navy silk.
    Thank you for your Would Yoo Wear it articles. I don’t get to all of the stores you feature, so it is a real treat to do “virtual shopping.”
    PS. Would you write some more about your visit to the active retirement community. My husband and I are considering one, but frankly I have some doubts—not really the pickle ball type I guess 😊

December 8, 2018 / 4:00 pm

Thanks for sharing your ideas here Eileen. I will share more about our experience in some upcoming posts. My husband like a lot of the activities but I’m not so sure.

32. Diana
    December 8, 2018 / 4:02 pm

The top two pieces, I would try on, (I need a little structure) to see how they would hang on me and that would determine a yes or no. The pants are too baggy for my body shape, I need a more fitted style. (I don’t do flares or palazzos, either, for same reason.)

December 9, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Thanks for sharing why Diana

33. Becky
    December 8, 2018 / 4:30 pm

I would wear the jacket & the tee but not the jeans. The jacket & tee make a nice dressy casual look. I prefer a darker rinse on my jeans. I don’t care much for the worn look.

34. Barbara
    December 8, 2018 / 4:55 pm

Jacket is nice. Sorry but no high waist jeans for me. At five feet tall, I am too short for high waist or cropped jeans. The wash on those jeans is not to my liking either. I am reminded of the jeans I wear when working in the garden.

December 9, 2018 / 2:39 pm

I’m curious why you think you’re too short for high rise jeans Barbara

35. Beth B
    December 9, 2018 / 3:40 am

Thank goodness high waist jeans and pants are back! I’ve suffered long enough with nothing but low waist available. My figure just doesn’t work with low waist pants and I’m so happy now to be able to be comfortable in jeans and pants. Yes, I would definitely wear this outfit.

December 9, 2018 / 2:40 pm

They are the best at for my middle too Beth

December 9, 2018 / 7:23 am

This outfit would not suit me at all.Dark colors wash out my complexion and I would be lost in the shapeless jeans and jacket. I would substitute more fitted jeans and a slate blue t shirt.

December 9, 2018 / 2:41 pm

Thanks for explaining Janet

37. Lily
    December 10, 2018 / 8:47 am

I can’t get past the jacket. Not a fan of drapey velvet at all. Maybe if it was more tailored. $498?!

38. Kay
    December 10, 2018 / 2:17 pm

I’m late to the party this week. Love the jacket. Like the top. I have never appreciated the distressed jean look, so no to those.

December 12, 2018 / 7:06 am

Happy to have you join the party, Kay!