Making Space to Enjoy The Holidays

Making Space to Enjoy The Holidays

Happy Tuesday ladies. Christmas is a week away – eek – how’d that happen so fast?

This post is sponsored by EILEEN FISHER.

When EILEEN FISHER invited me to collaborate with their making space for the special people in your life campaign, I was thrilled. I’ve been wearing and singing the praises of EILEEN FISHER for years and know many of you love them too. This campaign is to remind us to slow down and remember the reason for the season. Here’s how I am making space for loved ones.

We never did find our Christmas tree decorations in the stack of moving boxes so I bought a cheap set of lights plus a box of ornaments at the supermarket and called it a day. That’s a big change for me because I usually nitpick every detail but really –  it’s just a tree. I needed it done so my grandson could hang ornaments on it and it didn’t need to be perfect.Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life wearing EILEEN FISHER Velvet blazer

He and I attended a grandparents Christmas event on Saturday where he met Santa, made ornaments, and ate sugary things until his tummy felt “weird”. He’s gone from being a ham for the camera to camera shy so I left my phone in my purse and focused all my attention on him. It was perfect.Jennifer Connolly wearing EILEEN FISHER velvet blazer

I wore this velvet notch collar blazer with simple jeans and booties. It’s a quintessential boyfriend shape that’s styled for a woman. Their velvet is amazingly soft and luxurious with lots of new shapes this season.

EILEEN FISHER Velvet

When I picked up my jacket in the store I made a beeline for this drapey velvet jacket. It’s the most gorgeous green imaginable. I may have to go back for it.

I also fell for this classic collared velvet shirt. The sales lady was wearing it in Haze, open over my all-time favorite pants and this velvet Tee in black. The look was casually elegant and stunning.EILEEN FISHER velvet jacket on A Well Styled Life

Fabulous Gifts

I’m so excited that my daughter Vanessa is arriving from Canada in three days. We’ve planned some private time together to explore San Francisco before the whole family converges. She lives too far away for frequent visits so I relish each moment we can spend together. Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life wearing EILEEN FISHER Velvet boyfriend blazer

EILEEN FISHER wants to remind us this season is the time to make space for the special people in your life…including you. Who will you make space for?

Thank you EILEEN FISHER for sponsoring this post and reminding us all to make space for the special people in our lives.

Affiliate links within this post may generate income for AWSL

1. Carole Winningham
    December 18, 2018 / 4:19 am

I once had a black velvet blazer that was the most versitle piece I’ve ever owned. I was working and very busy. It went with most of my outfits . Would still be wearing it if it fit!

December 18, 2018 / 5:27 am

I’m finding velvet to be very versatile too! Imagine, I used to save it for fancy occasions only.

2. Melissa
    December 18, 2018 / 4:33 am

Velvet is such a lovely look for Christmas but not, unfortunately for one in Australia!
    I am trying to make Christmas special for my poor darling Mother-In-Law who is a widow for the first time this Christmas. I am bringing her here from the Nursing home tomorrow to make shortbreads, something that she was famous for. On Friday we are going to a berry farm to pick red currants to put on our Christmas pudding. They gleam like little red jewels and are much prettier than holly berries! We are also going down to Melbourne to have a cousins get together. Christmas is indeed about making time for the special people in your life.

December 18, 2018 / 5:30 am

That’s wonderful of you Melissa. It must be very difficult for her to be a widow at this time of year. You are a wonderful daughter-in-law and she’s lucky to have you. Merry Christmas

December 18, 2018 / 4:45 am

I love velvet! It is a timeless and elegant look.
    Christmas is different this year with most immediate family not in the vicinity but I will enjoy those around me and cherish each minute.

December 18, 2018 / 5:33 am

It’s so hard to be away from family during the holidays, Janet. Cherishing those we can be with is so important. Merry Christmas!

4. Linds
    December 18, 2018 / 4:58 am

Anything velvet is great! I really loved those two jackets!

December 18, 2018 / 5:34 am

I agree, the more velvet the better and EILEEN FISHERS is soooo soft.

5. December 18, 2018 / 5:04 am

Love your looks today—centered on luxurious velvet. Beautiful, just like thus holiday season! By the way, aren’t people nicer, kinder, more smiling this week? You’d think the stresses of the time of year would dominate, but not true, at least here. Instead, people are super nice! Love that…..

December 18, 2018 / 5:37 am

I agree, Paulette. Even as rushed as we are, people are taking the time to smile more which I find infectious. Merry Christmas

6. December 18, 2018 / 5:23 am

Love the velvet with denim…way to take casual to chic! Love Eileen Fisher and the reminder to stop and enjoy the holidays! Have fun with family!

December 18, 2018 / 5:39 am

My lifestyle is very casual and EILEEN FISHER fits it perfectly. It’s so fun to see the excitement of Christmas through my grandson’s eyes. Merry Christmas Pam!

7. December 18, 2018 / 5:39 am

I just ordered that blue jacket you are wearing! Are you wearing black pants with it? I hardly ever wear jeans here in Florida. I bought a larger size hoping it will fit with a sweater. The EF description said it was somewhat fitted in the bust. did you find that too?

December 18, 2018 / 7:32 am

Yes, the pants are black. I often wear black with blue. It’s a low contrast combo that works with my complexion. The jacket is slim but not tight but I’m glad you ordered up if you want to wear a sweater under it.

• December 21, 2018 / 1:33 pm

I just received my jacket today! it is gorgeous and fits well. I am glad I bought the larger size. The blue is a gorgeous color and the velvet is so soft.

8. Mollie.
    December 18, 2018 / 6:41 am

You look smashing in your velvet outfit Jennifer. Velvet is classy and elegant.

December 18, 2018 / 7:30 am

Thanks so much Mollie

9. Jude
    December 18, 2018 / 6:44 am

Is that a purple sequin tank you are wearing? And who is the maker?

December 18, 2018 / 7:29 am

It’s a deep purple from EILEEN FISHER several years ago. I am a big fan of their clothes because they are always in style and the quality can’t be beaten!

10. Penny
    December 18, 2018 / 7:35 am

Eleven years ago, my family decided that instead of gifts, we would do an “event.” My husband had had a massive heart attack a few months before and me and the kids were elated that he recovered and is still doing well. Gifts just seemed wrong for us to exchange. So we would schedule an outing on Christmas Eve. Over the years, we have enjoyed many fine meals in Seattle, seen King Tut, gone on the Underground Seattle Tour, visited the Museum of History and Industry. This year, my son’s girlfriend has arranged for all of us to vacation in Cabo! Quality time with my favorite people. Enjoy your time with your daughter in SF. My daughter and her hubby live in SF and I LOVE visiting. My daughter and I are planning a spa day in Cabo, something we love to do together.

December 19, 2018 / 7:29 am

A spa day with your daughter sounds perfect. I love your tradition of an event. Experiences are so much richer than things. Merry Christmas.

December 18, 2018 / 8:56 am

Gorgeous blazer!!

12. Suz
    December 18, 2018 / 10:34 am

Great look. I really like velvet with jeans.
    Wonderful idea to spend some quality time with your daughter before the busy days begin!
    Suz from Vancouver

December 18, 2018 / 11:43 am

The crepe pants and velvet jacket with the sequins looks amazing on you. It’s elegant and festive without being over the top.
    I love that you carved out some time with just you and your daughter Vanessa before the craziness of Christmas. Enjoy!

December 19, 2018 / 7:30 am

Thanks Joanna. I’m really looking forward to it.