Would You Wear It: Pink and Plaid

Would You Wear It: Pink and Plaid
This post contains affiliate links which may produce income for AWSL

Happy Saturday ladies and welcome to would you wear it. Each Saturday Pam Lutrell of Over 50 Feeling 40 and I share a mannequin we have found and ask if you would wear what’s she’s wearing. I found my mannequin in Tokyo this week. It’s from a major retailer, available in both the USA and Canada.

So tell me, ladies, would you wear this and why or why not?

Here are the weekend sale updates:

Banana Republic –  50% off regular-priced items 30% OFF  leather, suede, silk & cashmere with the code BRCARDFF.

Nordstrom has got some great in-season booties on sale, including these favorites you’ve seen me wear several times. FYI… these classics make a great holiday gift for every woman on your list.

Sale Bootie Picks

Talbots –  up to 40% off select styles

Gap– 50% off everything

J.Crew – 40% off fall favorites with the code BOO. This Teddy Coat comes in 5 colors and is awesome!

FUN PICKS FROM J. CREW

Loft – 40% off all tops. Shop Plus tops too!  This awesome vest is not on sale but it’s already on my cart. Remember, you can heart items you like below and receive an email when they are marked down!

MY LOFT PICKS

Now let’s go see what Pam’s mannequin is wearing here.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

This post contains affiliate links which may produce income for AWSL

1. Sondra
    November 3, 2018 / 3:57 am

I would wear it IF it were a lighter shade of pink and a larger black and white check…not buffalo but just bigger checks.

2. Gail Schwartz
    November 3, 2018 / 4:05 am

Yes, yes, very pretty

3. Linda Phelps
    November 3, 2018 / 4:07 am

Yes! I love the color, cut and versatility of each piece.

4. Lynn
    November 3, 2018 / 4:24 am

I love it! I think it’s a beautiful combination!

5. Colleen
    November 3, 2018 / 4:33 am

6. Sandy
    November 3, 2018 / 4:36 am

I would wear this. I like the color combinations and have something similar pinned on my Pinterest Board. I don’t particularly care for the half-tucked look, but it’s trendy now. We have to take look and make it our own, I think.

November 3, 2018 / 6:30 pm

The half tuck is very popular for many reasons, but you have to like it to wear it for sure!

November 3, 2018 / 4:40 am

Yes! I like the color of each piece and I think the plaid scarf makes the outfit interesting.

8. Susan Gowan
    November 3, 2018 / 4:57 am

I would wear Jennifer’s selection over Pam’s. I like pink and plaid but might choose a deeper pink like raspberry. It looks edgy to me. I do not care for geometrics generally and I find Pam’s mannequin is a bit overdressed. Too much fir the eye to take in.

• November 3, 2018 / 8:43 am

Hi Susan, It’s not a competition. But thanks for looking at both!

9. November 3, 2018 / 5:04 am

I would not wear the sweater. It looks like wool, and I don’t wear wool here in Florida. I also do not like the shade of pink. I would wear the scarf. I love black and white together.

November 3, 2018 / 6:32 pm

The sweater is cotton, Linda. I have trouble with wool often too. It is a warm pink, almost salmon.

November 3, 2018 / 5:12 am

I would wear it but I would make a few minor changes. I would wrap the scarf in a different way. The pants are perfect for my skinny legs. The sweater is a great color for me.

11. Mary
    November 3, 2018 / 5:24 am

This outfit is ok. I like the pants. I would wear the sweater in raspberry, eggplant or black. The scarf would be fine with smaller squares.

12. Linda O
    November 3, 2018 / 5:24 am

Normally I would have said no but I really like this combo. I think the soft pink paired with the small plaid is very attractive. Add the scarf and I love the look!

13. November 3, 2018 / 5:32 am

I too think it’s a great outfit! It’s something Indefinitely would wear just as it is. I would add a bit more pop or color to my make up…lipstick etc. however!

November 3, 2018 / 6:35 pm

Great observation, Paulette. Adding more pop to our makeup can often make garments look more flattering on us.

14. November 3, 2018 / 5:33 am

I love this look and the fact that the scarf is rose instead of pink makes it perfect. Good job!

15. November 3, 2018 / 5:44 am

I wouldn’t wear it, there is not enough structure for my taste.

16. Laurie
    November 3, 2018 / 6:04 am

I really like this look, especially the sweater and Sloan pants. Personally I would choose a scarf with softer colors as I don’t usually wear black and white near my face.

17. Roxanne
    November 3, 2018 / 6:05 am

Love the look and color combo! I already have a similar outfit. Yay!I would prefer longer length pants.

November 3, 2018 / 6:07 am

I would wear this but with a different shade of pink – cooler, stronger shade maybe?

19. Mary K
    November 3, 2018 / 6:13 am

This is a classy and tailored outfit; however, I would change the color palette for a more saturated look: sweater in fuchsia pink, boysenberry plaid scarf and charcoal high rise pants. Then I would consider wearing it with black or grey ankle booties. Would prefer the scarf be worn in a different way though it may be too warm for out So Tx weather!
    Thanks Jennifer!!

20. Midge
    November 3, 2018 / 6:14 am

When I read “pink and plaid” I thought no way would I wear that, but then I saw the picture. The pink is more of a rose color. I like the combination and I might consider it if I ran across it in a store, although I wouldn’t go searching for it online. I saw someone wearing a scarf like this last week with one end thrown over the shoulder with a big scarf pin and it looked great.

21. Holly
    November 3, 2018 / 6:21 am

I Love Houndstooth print……and pink or I think almost any color would go with it!! Love the pink though.
    Thank you for your blog Jennifer and hope your rested up from your trip to Japan! Loved going there with you and your daughter “wink”!!

Holly

November 3, 2018 / 6:38 pm

Thanks so much for following along Holly. We had an amazing time!

22. Debbie Davis
    November 3, 2018 / 6:36 am

I would definitely wear this. The color combination is a good fit for my fair skin tone…love ankle length pants and the scarf adds a punch ti the whole outfit. a great pair of suede booties would top it off!

23. November 3, 2018 / 6:44 am

I’m not usually attracted to pink, but this shade is refreshing. The whole outfit is classic and chic. I would wear it as is or separately. All the pieces are so versatile – that sweater would look cute with jeans.

24. Sue G
    November 3, 2018 / 6:46 am

I would wear it. This shade of pink is perfect and the heathered grey cropped pants are updated classics. Professional and classy, a definite win.

25. Olga
    November 3, 2018 / 7:07 am

Yes, I would wear this. I love the color combination.

November 3, 2018 / 7:23 am

I would wear the rose pink and charcoal grey colors, but change the fit to high rise long pants, and a lighter weight sweater to tuck in, and add ankle boots in grey to elongate the leg. The scarf size is too big, I would carry a plaid small structure bag instead, if I wore plaid.

November 3, 2018 / 6:49 pm

Thanks for explaining Eileen

November 3, 2018 / 7:26 am

It is an outfit I would wear. But! It looks like the trousers might be low waisted, and that cut don’t lay right nor feel good on me.
    Off to Vancouver for the weekend! 😀

November 3, 2018 / 6:48 pm

Have fun Joanna!!!

28. November 3, 2018 / 7:30 am

I would wear this outfit – love all the pieces – but have to say Manny kind of looks like she just rolled out of bed and got dressed in the dark!

29. Amanda
    November 3, 2018 / 7:30 am

A fresh take on the black/white combo with a dash of color. I like it. Not sure I would invest in a pink top unless I could use it other than this look. Maybe a black white and pink scarf that would go with other things more easily and not a huge investment.

30. Katrina Dean
    November 3, 2018 / 7:38 am

Yes – pink & gray are a favorite combination for me. But the scarf “dumbed it down.” Remove the scarf, add a small classic piece like pearls or a small scarf tied at the neck. The scarf ruined the classic pieces – much too bold – almost thoughtless. Unless it’s snowing outside & a large black overcoat is to be worn, forget the scarf!!!

November 3, 2018 / 7:46 am

Yes. I like everything about the sweater. I would wear the scarf with my coat. I would wear the sweater with dressier pants. The grey pants would likely be worn at home only.

32. Becca G
    November 3, 2018 / 7:46 am

Love the sweater I have a similar
    one in a paller rose shade I wear with with my gray jeans & booties. Not cool enough in FL yet to wear though. I don’t care for the scarf they really aren’t necessary where I live.

33. Diana
    November 3, 2018 / 8:06 am

I would wear this in a different color combo, only because these colors are not good on my skin tones. And I don’t wear cropped pants as they visually chop off my legs, so I would wear a longer version. Other than those tweaks, yes I would!

November 3, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Thanks for explaining Diana

34. November 3, 2018 / 8:11 am

Yes – I would absolutely love wearing this. I wear pink, as long as it’s not “bubble gum pink” and love black and white houndstooth.

November 3, 2018 / 6:47 pm

It’s closer to a salmon pink and cotton.

35. Lori Stewart
    November 3, 2018 / 8:38 am

I would wear this look. Of course, I would get a better fit on the sweater. It is way too big for the mannequin. I love the color of pink and pink always looks great with black.

36. November 3, 2018 / 8:41 am

I like the pants and scarf…might put them with a different top.

37. Lynn
    November 3, 2018 / 9:11 am

I would wear this outfit but would need the pink to be more pastel to compliment my complexion.

38. Kay
    November 3, 2018 / 9:58 am

Absolutely! I like the pink shade with the bold check on the scarf. I also like the grey trousers. The whole thing has a nice “classic” vibe.

39. beth byrd
    November 3, 2018 / 10:21 am

Yes, I would definitely wear this. I love the color of the sweater and it works so well with those pants. The scarf just brings it together!! What a great ensemble!

40. Suz
    November 3, 2018 / 12:13 pm

Yes, I would wear this, except with full length pants though as the short crop ones don’t suit me. I love black and white (pretty well all patterns). The pink appears as a browny pink on my monitor which looks lovely to me.
    BTW, welcome home!
    Suz from Vancouver

November 3, 2018 / 6:52 pm

It is a salmon pink so in the warm family. Thanks, it’s great to be back.

41. Susan Sperlazzo
    November 3, 2018 / 12:57 pm

I love all three pieces. Pink and grey is always a great combo. I love the black and white scarf as well but I think it would look better if the sweater was black or white with those pants. I would wear the pink sweater and grey pants with beautiful silver jewelry.

42. Susan
    November 3, 2018 / 12:58 pm

43. Lucretia Roletta
    November 3, 2018 / 1:27 pm

Very nice. This would look good on a lot of women. This outfit is a good way to use the “three “rule to help an outfit get the extra punch.

44. Mary
    November 3, 2018 / 2:24 pm

This is perfect for me…stylish, interesting and simple.

45. Becky
    November 3, 2018 / 3:36 pm

I would definitely wear it. The rose pink of the sweater would be flattering to me , & I like it with gray pants. The scarf adds a touch of style. The simplicity of the outfit suits my taste.

46. Janie
    November 3, 2018 / 5:29 pm

Love this outfit. I’ve never tried a checked scarf, but it would be fun.

47. November 3, 2018 / 7:32 pm

Yes I would. I really love pink with grey but, I might ditch the checkered scarf, would have to try it first.

48. Cindi
    November 3, 2018 / 7:49 pm

Yes, I would. I love the combination. It looks like something you can wear dressed up or down. I like the color. I don’t wear pastel pink, but mauve is a color I’m warming up to. I am liking some of the over-sized sweater styles. I think it has a lot of potential.

49. Karen
    November 4, 2018 / 7:20 am

I would wear it. The sweater and pants would also look great with the scarf from Pam’s mannequin

50. Cyndi
    November 4, 2018 / 3:48 pm

Yes! The color combo, all the pieces, spot-on!

51. November 4, 2018 / 10:02 pm

I could definitely see myself wearing this outfit. The only thing I might change would be the length of the pants. I like cropped pants in the summer, but I don’t care to expose my ankles to our cold Canadian winter!

52. Lily
    November 5, 2018 / 9:54 am

Love all three pieces – on the mannequin. The scarf looks cozy but I suspect I would drown in it. The sweater also looks cozy and I love pink. I love the pants but in my climate I wear socks. So, yes I would wear a version of it.