Knit Jacket by Alembika

Knit Jacket by Alembika

Our weather cooled off infinitesimally yesterday so we grabbed the chance to get photos of some new fall things I’ve been anxious to share. I am so over this hot weather! I’ve been organizing my fall wardrobe and I want to wear it!!Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life modeling Harper Jacket by Alembika for Artful Home

Today I’m sharing this awesome little Harper Jacket by Alembika. It’s part of the newest fall collection from Artful Home which is full of sumptuous textures and fresh patterns in a timeless, neutral pallet.

This jacket tics so many boxes for me. Let me start with the obvious.

It has pockets! I am a woman who loves pockets… in everything. They are a casual addition which I will use All.  The. Time.Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life modeling Harper Jacket by Alembika for Artful Home

Its classic silhouette has a fit and flare shape with a flirty peplum. I’m a big fan of peplum shaping because it gives me curves where I don’t have them. Peplums are one of those great design features that look great on most figures. If you’re thin or straight, it will give the illusion of curves. If you’re curvy a peplum will make your waist look smaller.

The fabric blend is soft and drapey with elastane for stretch and comfort. I love its geometric pattern and asymmetric tailoring. My fall wardrobe is shaping up to have a lot of gray this year so this charcoal windowpane pattern will coordinate into it beautifully.

On top of all this, it’s machine washable, hang dry. I hate exposing myself and my clothes to dry cleaning chemicals so love things I can care for at home.

This soft jacket swishes when I walk which feels sassy and fun. It’s lightweight enough for fall and very cozy on a cold day.Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life modeling Harper Jacket by Alembika for Artful Home

Jackets are a great way to add polish to any outfit and knit ones like this, do it comfortably! Peplums look best with a narrow bottom so I paired it with skinny gray jeans and suede flats.

Have you embraced peplums?

Thanks for reading ladies and have a great day!

A big thank you to Artful Home for sending me this jacket. I was compensated, but all opinions are my own.

1. September 13, 2018 / 4:14 am

Love this jacket and you look fabulous in it!!

September 13, 2018 / 4:37 am

I have alwayed loved peplums. I first started wearing them in the 80s in dresses so I’m glad to see that they are in now in different versions and I hope they will stay. I am pear shaped and agree that they are flattering on many shapes. I really like the jacket you are wearing!

September 13, 2018 / 4:37 am

I share your enthusiasm for this jacket. It looks great!

4. Patty
    September 13, 2018 / 5:15 am

Can you share a link or the brand name of your shoes?

5. September 13, 2018 / 5:30 am

Great jacket. I love the shape!

6. September 13, 2018 / 6:36 am

It checks a lot of boxes for me too – plaid, color and washable! I love how you accessorized it too – the necklace and pin bring the focus upwards – a good balance to the peplum. Love it!!!!

7. Diana
    September 13, 2018 / 6:57 am

Love the whole outfit. Looks stylish, yet very comfortable.

8. Olga
    September 13, 2018 / 7:10 am

You look beautiful in this outfit. I love the jacket and the grey! And by the way, you have a beautiful smile 🙂

September 13, 2018 / 7:52 am

Artful home has beautiful details in their garments and this is no exception. It would look equally great with black dress pants for an evening out.
    I love peplum tops but just gave a Ralph Lauren top to my daughter, as I thought the trend was too young looking on me. Silly me!

September 13, 2018 / 2:42 pm

Luckily you gave it to your daughter. You can share????

10. Anon
    September 13, 2018 / 8:23 am

I do love peplums, as a fan of 1940s style. My triangle shape makes this a natural choice.

I like the attention to detail in matching the lines on the back of this jacket. Perfectly done.

Now to put on my winter coat, because snowflakes are falling, and apparently I didn’t get the memo.

September 13, 2018 / 2:42 pm

Wow!! That’s early for snow

11. Yvonne
    September 13, 2018 / 8:26 am

Love that jacket and it looks great on you. I’m looking forward to fall weather – we had 2 days of cooler weather and now we are back into hot summer temperatures. I have a new plaid sweater coat that I’m hoping to be able to wear soon.

September 13, 2018 / 2:41 pm

Last night was the first we could open the windows without AC so it’s coming!

12. September 13, 2018 / 8:44 am

Yes, this great looking jacket gets my vote.

13. September 13, 2018 / 9:58 am

That jacket is so cute! I love the details! We are having fabulous fall weather here and I was so ready for it.
    Cheryl

September 14, 2018 / 8:23 am

I am so ready too!

14. Kathleen O'Brien
    September 13, 2018 / 10:40 am

gosh, love this jacket on you -I also love the jeans and am looking for a nice gray pair – where are these from?
    So looking forward to fall and winter, I’m not a fan of this heat!

15. Pat
    September 13, 2018 / 4:33 pm

You look great in this Jacket. I agree with your assessment in each post. It would look good on me as well. The comment about wearing the slimmer pant is good advice. I will keep it in mind with all of my long more voluminous jackets. I thought it was quite funny when I clicked on the link to purchase the jacket that the model didn’t look nearly as attractive in the jacket as you do. In fact I wouldn’t have given it a second look, much less made the purchase if I had only seen it on the model.

16. September 14, 2018 / 12:02 pm

Hello,
    A “lurker” here…I read often, but this is my first comment. I really enjoy your presentations and your fitting room posts.

What brand are today’s grey suede shoes…love them.
    Thanks and happy weekend!

September 15, 2018 / 12:09 am

Hi Nancy!! These are from Vince Camuto last year. Sorry.