The sun finally arrived on the sunshine coast so out came my sun hats and off came my parka. Our last two days there were glorious. We ate and laughed and took long walks along the shore which always makes me happy. Saturday was Canada Day which was very festive in Gibsons. Nope, it was actually Sunday…the days all run together on holiday!

There were flags everywhere and many people were wearing red, or top hats or feathers or all 3. I wore black and white:)I’d been curious to get a closer look at the houseboats so we wandered to the end of the dock. I’m pretty sure I could be happy living on one if the water was calm. They had some of the most amazing gardens I have ever seen. Many rival gardens on the land. My pictures don’t do them justice.

This little one isn’t really a houseboat at all, it’s an artist studio that I was lucky enough to get a peek into. The artists’ name is Liz and she is beyond creative!She makes wall hangings and artwork out of stray pieces of glass and mismatched jewelry. The entire ceiling is covered with jewels and glass which sparkle when the sun shines.

She finds odds and ends and sparkly knickknacks at garage sales and thrift stores then uses them to create wall hangings. The entire left window is covered with earrings. Many are singles and a few are pairs. They are hanging on some sort of mesh inside the blinds.

On the way back to shore we got to see the Gibsons Bagpipe Band as they serenaded diners on the lower dock. They were in full dress regalia and fascinating to watch.

We headed over to Lunitas Mexican Eatery for margaritas and yes…more fish taco’s. Their outside deck looks over the harbor so we could people and boat watch as the day wound down.The following day we did more beach walking, more eating and more people watching.

There is nothing more beautiful than this place in the sunshine and we will be back.

Today we are headed over to Vancouver Island which holds many wonderful memories for us. The forecast is for sunshine which I’m thrilled about. The temps are mild and the sun is warm which is the perfect combination.

Thanks for reading ladies and have a great day.

1. Laurel
    July 4, 2018 / 5:29 am

That looks really lovely! And you look great, as always.

Love a pipe band and I’m right with you on the fish tacos. 🙂

July 4, 2018 / 6:19 am

The bands was so fun! Loud and joyous

2. Deborah Broughton Deborah Broughton
    July 4, 2018 / 5:30 am

Love the pictures of your trip. This place looks enchanted! I would be fascinated by the artist! Have a great fourth!

July 4, 2018 / 6:21 am

Happy fourth Deborah!

3. Anon
    July 4, 2018 / 7:25 am

I remember that floating garden, and took photos, too.

Pretty sure that July 1 is Canada Day, not June 30. ????

July 4, 2018 / 7:34 am

You’re right! Days run together on holiday.

4. Lisa McInnis
    July 4, 2018 / 7:28 am

Canada Day was Sunday, July 1st. Glad you’re enjoying your Canadian Holiday.

5. Lea
    July 4, 2018 / 7:57 am

Loving your travelling posts! Scenery is awesome and you look happy and rested. Enjoy in joy.

6. July 4, 2018 / 8:19 am

That top outfit is my favorite one that you have worn on your trip! Love it and so jealous you can wear a look like this outdoors this time of year. Well done! Happy Holiday!

7. Cheryl Ann
    July 4, 2018 / 8:22 am

I am feeling homesick! Thanks, Jennifer for taking us to B.C. . There is something about that area…the air is clean, fresh, clear water, sweet people! Even the Empress is fun for tea…just love all the beautiful gardens, too!

8. Gail Schwartz
    July 4, 2018 / 10:26 am

Love your travel photos, especially the artist’s studio. It all reminds me a lot of Victoria, BC, one of my favorite places. Keep promoting sun hats. They look fabulous and remind all your readers of the importance of sun protection.

9. July 4, 2018 / 12:29 pm

We usually head straight to Victoria, one of our favorite places (heading there at the end of the month), but Gibbons looks so fun. We may have to branch out and go to the mainland for a change! I love our NW summers!

July 4, 2018 / 5:28 pm

Happy 4th of July! I’m glad you are enjoying yourself!