On My Radar: Touch of Pink

On My Radar: Touch of Pink

I haven’t worn much pink for the last 25 years. It has felt girly and too young for me so I only wear tiny touches. When millennial pink became the rage several years ago I dipped my toe into the color and haven’t looked back.

A little pink goes a long way for me so I usually prefer to wear it in accessories. This week I am loving pink shoes. I have several other pairs on order so will keep you posted on their success.

Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled life wearing Mercedes Castillo pink shoes from Nordstrom

SHOP PINK SHOES

I have a wide foot so often stretch my sandals and shoes to make them fit better. You can pay the cobbler to do it or some stores provide the service.  I prefer to customize the stretch for my feet.

I spray the inside and outside of the shoes with this spray, then crank the shoe trees open to stretch right where my foot needs it. These shoe trees come with little plastic buttons you can move around to customize the stretch.

These sandals happen to match the handles of my favorite wicker handbag perfectly but different tones of pink all blend nicely.

The paler the pink the closer it approximates a nude shoe which helps elongate the leg.

Do you have a color you’ve recently rediscovered?

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

1. June 14, 2018 / 4:07 am

I love casual classic styling like this. You look fabulous.

2. Sydney85
    June 14, 2018 / 4:09 am

Perfect amount of pink! Not a color I wear very much but love how you added the pink here.

June 14, 2018 / 7:54 am

I seldom wear large amounts of it but do love the touches.

3. Julie
    June 14, 2018 / 4:13 am

That’s so weird you posted that! Just yesterday I went out and bought 2 sets of pink and rose towels for my ensuite, and a pink hat and scarf. I’ve also not had anything pink in my life for at least 20 years, but feel I’m falling in love again. Maybe I’ve got past the “ “granny “ connotation and now feel free to enjoy how happy it makes me

June 14, 2018 / 8:03 am

Pink towels sound appealing ;). Maybe I do need more pink in my life

4. Also Jennifer
    June 14, 2018 / 4:59 am

I love pink so much now that my kids joke about my second girlhood. It’s a flattering color on me as my skin and coloring have changed. I don’t want to look like a walking Pepto Bismol bottle, so I try not to get carried away.

June 14, 2018 / 8:04 am

Lol!! Pepti Bismol isn’t a look I’m going for either.

5. Nancy
    June 14, 2018 / 5:14 am

This has to be my favorite outfit on you, love the touch of pink but love all the white, looks so nice all together!

6. Becky
    June 14, 2018 / 5:59 am

Love the look! Can you tell me what color your NYDJ
    jeans are? Also loving your pedicure color. Can you share the shade?

June 14, 2018 / 8:12 am

The jeans are in “Feather” and I just noticed on sale! I may order a different color now. The polish is called “Matter of Fiction” by Essie

June 14, 2018 / 6:17 am

I love those shoes, and I’ve always liked pink, so thanks for all the shoes to look at. And where did you find a pink wall? Most buildings are earth toned, the pink wall is fabulous!

June 14, 2018 / 8:13 am

I know!! Lots of dull walls here. I can never pass a pink wall with getting a picture;)

8. Gayle VanOrder
    June 14, 2018 / 6:32 am

You look crisp on a hot summer day!

9. Kathy
    June 14, 2018 / 7:01 am

Embrace the pink! I love wearing it. I hardly need blush or lipstick when I do, I think it’s flattering on just about everyone. It would look pretty on you with your coloring.

June 14, 2018 / 8:14 am

It is very flattering to the complexion. Maybe I need a pink blouse!

10. Barb
    June 14, 2018 / 7:21 am

I avoided pink for years because my mother always wanted me to wear it when I was young! I too have started wearing pink again more recently and bought light pink jeans this spring. I prefer a brighter pink on top to complement my “winter” coloring, though. I love your pink shoes; I may need a pair!

June 14, 2018 / 8:17 am

Funny how we do those things. It times to step away from old thinking.

11. June 14, 2018 / 7:40 am

You look fabulous in your white shirt. I do not have any clothing in pink, but I like just a touch of pink on a top. I will say it again Jennifer, you suit hats so well?

June 14, 2018 / 8:18 am

I don’t think I could wear head to toe pink either. Thanks! I love hats

12. June 14, 2018 / 1:00 pm

I like pink once in a while. I bought a beautiful bright sweater with cutouts down the sleeves connected with pearls. It was from Talbots.

June 15, 2018 / 6:20 am

It sounds pretty. Pink and pearls are a great combo

13. June 14, 2018 / 1:15 pm

That shoe stretcher looks fab. I will be buying that if I can. I also have wide feet which is why I generally prefer leather but occaisionally there is a super vinyl pair which aren’t customisable sadly

June 15, 2018 / 6:21 am

Sadly vinyl will not stretch. I can’t wear them.

14. Cathy
    June 14, 2018 / 1:59 pm

I guess I’m the opposite, I love pink. I wear it often, not head to toe, usually as pink top with my pink flats. I like it for a pop of color with black or white. I had a bubblegum pink purse (very cheap) I used it for several years until it fell apart. I liking the pale blush pink recently.

June 15, 2018 / 6:22 am

I love pink with brown, white, navy, black and purple. It’s a great neutral for many.

June 21, 2018 / 8:16 pm

I don’t wear pink, red being my colour of choice. I do love the bright pink handles on your bag though. I’ll be rethinking pink.