Casual Lunch Out: Tee-Shirt Dress

Casual Lunch Out: Tee-Shirt Dress

Part of the fun of moving is exploring new shops and restaurants. Last week we went for lunch in a nearby town with loads of character. I wore a casual Tee-shirt dress you saw me share in a recent dressing room diaries. I seldom buy the things I try on for you but when I saw my photo’s of this dress I knew it would be great for summer.

Loomis is nestled in the Sierra Foothills and surrounded by lush farmland.

SHOP THE LOOK

This is small town America with a very casual vibe. I see so few women wearing dresses for the day but they really are the easiest way to get dressed.Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life wearing Lou & Grey dress for a casual lunch out

I prefer dresses with sleeves but when the temperature skyrockets I throw caution to the wind and go sleeveless.

Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life discovering downtown Loomis

We had lunch at High-Hand Cafe which is located inside the gorgeous High-Hand Nursery. They make fantastic salads but we opted to sit outside and watch our pizza cooking in the brick oven.Jennifer Connolly of A Well Styled Life wearing Lou & Grey dress for a casual lunch out

A Tee shirt dress couldn’t be simpler to wear. They are usually affordable and make a great base for many looks.

MORE TEE-SHIRT DRESSES

Do you put extra effort into your outfit for a casual lunch out?

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

June 13, 2018 / 3:42 am

I agree that simple t-shirt dresses are wonderful in the summer. Easy, comfortable and cool. I always put effort into dressing no matter how casual it is. It makes me look and feel better. It usually takes little effort so why not?

• Lea
      June 13, 2018 / 4:59 am

I agree ????%

June 13, 2018 / 7:40 am

I agree! They little effort goes a long way!

2. Sue
    June 13, 2018 / 4:51 am

Love this look. It is youthful yet elegant.

3. Lynn
    June 13, 2018 / 4:53 am

Love this look on you! You have great legs – show them off????

June 13, 2018 / 7:41 am

Thanks Lynne. I was lucky to get my Moms legs and they’re holding up well 😉

4. June 13, 2018 / 5:24 am

You look so cool in this dress Jennifer. I have not seen a Teeshirt dress here, but I would wear one.
    Yes, I like to dress up when it is lunch with the girls, but some do not.

June 13, 2018 / 7:45 am

I like dress up a bit no matter what other ladies do. It helps me feel confident!

5. Kathy
    June 13, 2018 / 5:39 am

Great look with the white denim jacket! Jacket would be too hot for me but I love to wear T shirt dresses in the summer — especially sleeveless. And, they are so easy to pack for travel. Thanks for the post.

June 13, 2018 / 7:48 am

They’ll soon be too hot for this area too so I will top it with a sheer white shirt, tied at the waist.

6. Deede
    June 13, 2018 / 5:47 am

I put effort into dressing for a grocery run…I feel like I owe ME the respect…And I am usually the most dressed up there but hey, its not for THEM but for ME…

Your delightful fashion has been in the forefront to inspire us and news of your new move, town etc…..But where is my friend, Lucy in all of this?…How is she adjusting to the hotter weather?…Sending her a big hug…

THX for the beautiful pictures…

June 13, 2018 / 7:53 am

So nice to hear from you Deede! Miss Lucy just had her annual check up last week and was proclaimed the picture of health but fat as a tick! She’s not enjoying the heat so taking shorter walks, under duress. Lazy old gal that she is. She’s now on diet food and limited snacks which disappoints her no end ????

7. June 13, 2018 / 6:03 am

I so agree, love dresses for the day! You have such a gift..me – not so much ahah!

June 13, 2018 / 7:55 am

Thanks Jill. Styling is a learned trait. Get inspiration where you see it and try new combinations.

8. June 13, 2018 / 6:04 am

You look great! I appreciate seeing how you accessorize a simple outfit with scarves, jewelry, and handbags. It’s so much fun to explore new towns and shops and to dress up for lunch. It feels more like a celebration!

June 13, 2018 / 7:50 pm

Accessories make all the difference!

9. Lisa
    June 13, 2018 / 6:30 am

Love dresses but just don’t wear them often. However, in the hot weather, I think they’re the way to go. I have a couple of easy flared t-shirt dresses from Old Navy but I just don’t reach for them. I think I’m too self conscious of my white legs … and especially my crepy arms! You look great in that outfit and styled it so well!

I love High Hand! I think you must be trying out the 55+ community near me. How ar you liking it? Don’t know if you’re used to hot weather or not but get ready for it! Our summers here are pretty warm!

So enjoy your posts! They are very helpful in facing the challenges of this later phase of life! Thank you!

June 13, 2018 / 9:11 am

I’m training myself to reach for casual dresses more often. This heat feels pretty oppressive. Yes, we are close to you. Small world!

10. June 13, 2018 / 6:55 am

Yes the highlight of summer break is all the lunch dates.i always try and look my best because I personally have gained weight and I just feel better when I’m coordinated. Dresses in the summer are a must! I wish more women would wear them!

June 13, 2018 / 9:12 am

Maybe we can start a trend! Dresses in the summer. I’ve put on a few pounds too and they’re more comfy for sure

11. Cathy
    June 13, 2018 / 8:16 am

Love this look, Thanks for posting!

June 13, 2018 / 8:39 am

Dresses are the way to go in the heat of summer! I found two that I liked enough to buy this summer.

June 13, 2018 / 7:53 pm

Good for you! I hope you find them useful

13. Shelia Evans
    June 13, 2018 / 10:07 am

Yes I do. I would love to wear dresses; however, I have bird legs (you have great legs) and they are very white so I feel compelled to wear pantyhose which defeats the purpose.

June 13, 2018 / 7:54 pm

I have 2 words for you…self tanner!!! I’d be lost with out it.

14. June 13, 2018 / 11:04 am

Love it all, jacket, dress, shoes you are the cutest!

June 13, 2018 / 7:55 pm

You’re so kind. Thanks

15. Anon
    June 13, 2018 / 2:02 pm

You look happy! This was a good move for you.

16. Jill
    June 13, 2018 / 2:33 pm

Have you seen many women wearing maxi dresses or skirts? I don’t wear short dresses any more.

June 13, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Yes and I love them! You’ll see me wearing them this summer.